Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Tuesday Mumblings

Today was the inauguration of the 44th president. While I did have to work today, I was able to watch it over live feed. Thank goodness for double screens at work! One held the live video feed of the inauguration while the other screen held the document I was currently working on.

I spent 40 minutes at the post office today. 40 minutes. There was one person working. When I walked in, I was 15th in line. It took me 40 minutes to get served. The teller was nice and actually quite comical and kept us all entertained but when he mentioned that it is like that every afternoon at that same time, I began to wonder, why don't they staff it better then? I mean, seriously? You are going to leave one person working at a high traffic time? Not much sense in that!

Have you ever had those days where you feel like that no matter what you do, it just isn't good enough? Welcome to my life these days! I feel that I am continuously failing those that I care for. It's driving me slightly insane, in addition to the delirium caused by lack of sleep. And while I know it is ONLY the 20th day of the new year, I feel as though my goals are so far ahead of me. I have to keep reminding myself though that it is only the 20th day of the year!

I have been stitching up a storm though! I hope to have some good progress pictures at the end of the week! At least on Dragon Knot. Maybe even Eeyore will be even closer to being finished!

A friend called today to tell me about the new Christine Feehan book coming out in 2009 in her Dark series. This one will be Dark Slayer. After reading the synopsis for this book, I do believe that it is going to be a very intense and "dark" book. The synopsis alone gave me the chills! If you have never read a Christine Feehan book and you like vampires, you should check her out: www.christinefeehan.com.

Well, I am off to make some dinner and pay some bills! Ugh! Then I will watch some of the inaugural ball and stitch tonight!

No comments: