Monday, June 04, 2007

Out with the old, in with the new.....

Out with the old and in with the new. How appropriate. Recently I have been “cleaning house.” Literally and figuratively. I have cleaned out items in my home to make room for new items and well, just in general, room (more space). I have also cleaned out my personal life. I have removed my self from situations which were dragging me down. I can tell a difference. Especially in my work life. Ok, I admit, I still don’t like my job but I don’t have that horrible sinking feeling when I go to work.

Last week was a short work week but a good one. All employees were given a bonus. An unexpected bonus. It was because the company had had a good year. That was just absolutely fantastic. Ok, I admit I have spent it already by the time this weekend was over but that’s what it was for! I was both good and bad. I purchased a new bathroom set which I am waiting to come in this week! I also paid off a credit card! One more monkey off of my back!

I spent this weekend cleaning. I know, I seem to be doing that all the time but this time I was removing everything from my bedroom furniture. On Sunday my father came over and we hauled my dresser, armoire, and bed out to the dumpster. I am getting ready for my new bedroom set to be delivered. It should be here by Thursday! So for right now, I am living out of suitcases and have a mattress on the floor! How very college like!

I have so many things that I want to do this summer. I just don’t know how or when I will be able to do it. I need to plan a trip to Austin, Houston, and Virginia. Not to mention some trips to the beach too! I don’t think that any trips will take place till after June.

It is the first full week of June. For me, that means that Ron will be coming home. I can’t wait to get the phone call or email saying that he is finally home. Ok, well, as close to home as he can get since he is stationed in Virginia. I can’t wait to see him at the end of this month. That is if they let him take his leave then. I can’t wait. Not just for the presents but to just see him and be able to have a conversation with him! Well, a conversation that lasts longer than 20 minutes! Or a few sentences on an email!

Speaking of conversations, my friend Jason called me yesterday to wish me a belated happy birthday. Shocked me. I hadn’t spoken to him since about Christmas. We are “holiday” friends. We speak only at major holidays and birthdays! LOL! He is in Miami and has been there for the past 5 years or so. He was talking about coming back for some football games this year. He wants me to meet his girlfriend. It must be serious. I’ve never met any of the other girlfriends he has had. This should be interesting. But if he does come back for some games, it will be like in the old days when we were all together for games, Jeff, Stacy, Jason, and I. Of course now there are the kids and girlfriend to be added.

Now begins a new week and I am interested to see what it brings!

No comments: