Wednesday, August 09, 2006

What a sweetheart!


My friend Ron, with my dog Duke. Hanging out in my apartment. He had come over for us to spend some time together because this week he is moving to Virginia. That is where he will be stationed from now on. He is such a good friend and I really don't know what I did to deserve him. Ok, so he drives me crazy sometimes but it is just part of his charm. He makes me laugh and smile, that is what is important.

He had remembered that I had mentioned one day that my cd player/radio was going out because it was so old. As a going away gift, he bought me a new one. That was so incredibly sweet and so unnecessary! I felt bad that I hadn't gotten him anything but I did at least get to feed him. I made him a big plate of red beans and rice. At least I know that for one night he wasn't eating fast food again!

It will be difficult but I will definitely do my best to keep in touch with him. I think because I griped so much about him not having a cell phone anymore that he went and bought one so he could have one! So there will be phone calls, text messages and emails! And he can keep up with me too by reading this blog! I know that I will see him again but 8 months from now is a very long time! And with him being on a submarine for 6 of those months communication will be very limited!

No comments: