Thursday, August 03, 2006

Difficult Road Ahead?

My office mate is pregnant. She is due September 1st. She will be gone for 12 weeks. I'm not quite sure how this is going to work. That will add 3 additional associations to my responsiblities. When I have weeks like this one, I wonder how it will all get done.

This week, one of her associations has 2 classes, one in Lafayette and the other at the office. I have a board meeting this weekend. We were out of the office all day today because of the Lafayette class leaving me just tomorrow to complete everything for the board meeting. Although I did get everything to my boss early to review, I am pretty sure that when I get back to the office in the morning nothing will have been done on his part. If it has been, I will be very pleasantly surprised.

My office mate drove up to Lafayette Wednesday evening so that she wouldn't have to get up very early on Thursday to be there. On her drive in her back tire blew out. Not just go flat but blew out. It was in shreds. She was very lucky that a nice man pulled over and changed it for her as I wasn't there and her husband was in Alec on business. When she called I was so concerned that she was going to go into labor that night. I'm not ready for her to leave yet.

One more day of work and then it will be the weekend. Although I have to work till 6 on Friday, I just keep repeating to myself, overtime, overtime, overtime!

No comments: