Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Friendship

One of my very best friends through high school and college was Sarah. We always had fun when together and many times we got into trouble! We knew everything about each other. If I had to choose, she would be the one person on this earth who knows all my deep, dark secrets. She is a friend who knows instantly what is going on in my mind without me even verbalizing it.

We haven’t been close in the last few years. Life has just gotten in the way. And probably a touch of laziness on both of our parts! Not to mention minor, silly arguments that just seemed to escalate and stubbornness on both of our parts.

I’ve missed her. I’ve missed our talks. I’ve missed our escapades. It’s a shame that a major life event has had to occur to make me realize that. Sarah is about to become a mother. What a wonderful and frightening time for her.

Her baby shower will be in Houston on Oct. 28th. Yes, I plan on being there and so is our friend Joy. We will all finally be in the same room at the same time for the first time in at least 2 if not 3 years. I can’t wait. Although I do hope to get to see her sooner than that. I plan on being in Houston the weekend of Sept. 16th . I hope that I can find sometime to see her. That is going to be a busy weekend with Parker’s birthday party and the LSU – Auburn game, but I am going to try!

No comments: