Monday, August 07, 2006

Weekend Update

The weekend was a quiet one. I stayed around the apartment and cleaned and cooked for the week. I have to say that the apartment is looking pretty good. I even made the bed this morning as I was so inspired!

I had the opportunity to speak to an old friend of mine yesterday about all that has been going on in her life. Almost a month ago she sent an email to all of us saying that she was pregnant. That was it. She was pregnant. No information on if she was with anyone, married, engaged, sperm donor, nothing. My friends and I, who still live in the old hometown, had tried to reach her numerous times by phone and email and had not been able to do so. It felt like to us that she was hiding something. She finally called me yesterday. We talked for an hour. She is in a long distance relationship, currently working on her fellowship in oncology/hematology and 5 ½ months pregnant. But she sounds happy. I think. We won’t get to meet him until probably October unless I have time when I go to Houston in September. He hasn’t even met her parents. They are flying in at the end of this month to meet the parents. She finds out what the baby is on Tuesday. The baby’s room will be Classic Winnie the Pooh. It seems so odd to me that she is having a baby.

My sister called last night to tell me about some guys she met last weekend. They were from Chicago. They were all Sicilians. With lots of cash. She said they were all flashing wads of cash all around. They paid for everything. Dinner, drinks, tips, etc. She asked the guy she was interested in what business he was in and he replied construction. She said that she had a flashback to the scene in Goodfellas when Ray Liotta’s character meets his wife and she asks him what he does and he says construction! Of course, for anyone who knows my sister, she has always had this secret obsession with the mob so of course this is a major attraction for her. We’ll see how it goes now that he is back in Chicago and she is in Austin.

It’s an addiction, scrapbooking. It is so addicting. I did like 6 pages this weekend with the materials I had. And I want to do so much more but I need other things and yet I don’t want to spend the money because things are kind of tight right now and I am trying to be good. But geez, it is so addicting. I did my first page and then it was downhill from there. Now all I can think about is what I want to do with other pictures that I have and how I can improve the previous pages I did.

No comments: