Monday, August 07, 2006

Good bye is so permanent.....

I never thought that someone who I have only known for a few months would have such an impact on me. I’m not one to easily open up to someone and let them in. But with Ron, I did do that. I could, no correction, CAN talk to him about anything. And he doesn’t judge me. The man has the patience of a saint because I have tested it many many times over. And yet, for someone reason he still wants me as a friend.

He is leaving this week for Virginia. He is being stationed there. I always knew, from the time I met him, that this was going to happen. And yet it doesn’t make it any easier. We didn’t see much of each other to begin with but we did email and phone. If I had a problem, I could talk to him and know that he wasn’t thinking how childish I was being. Ok, so he probably was thinking that but he wouldn’t say it to me. He would let me figure that one out on my own.

I seriously feel like I am losing one of my best friends and I am not quite sure how to cope with that. Friends are so hard to come by these days. At least ones that you can trust and be honest with.

I know, I know, email and phone are still available, but it’s harder when the person moves a couple of states away. One of my very good friends moved just next door to Texas and we have done a horrible job in keeping in touch. It takes a major life event for us to get together these days. I don’t want that to happen. I don’t want to say good bye.

No comments: