Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Tuesday Thoughts

DVRs
Do you have a DVR?  I do.  Thought it was a good idea when I upgraded to high def cable.  Yeah, not so much!  I spend a lot of my free time watching shows that I've recorded because I wanted to watch them but couldn't because I wasn't home or watching another show.  It is an endless, vicious cycle.  My suggestion, stick to the VCR.  You can only record one thing at a time and you have to make the effort to set up the VCR timer and find a tape.  With the DVR, you just push a few buttons.  The more effort you have to put into it, the less likely you are to do it!

Apartment Living
I live in a one bedroom apartment.  I've been in this apartment for just over 4 years.  It's ok.  It isn't luxury living but then again, I don't pay a "luxurious" amount.  I have fairly low rent in a really central locale.  But there are times when I loathe living in an apartment.  Like at this moment.  I know Jill is going to enjoy using this as a reason to buy a house by her!!!  They are currently painting the exteriors of the buildings.  They needed it.  About 5 years ago.  Anyway, they are painting and yesterday  the office called requesting that I move my plants off the balcony.  I refused to bring them inside because I didn't want the bugs in my apartment that could be on the plants!  So they said to just push them against the balcony bars because they needed to paint the walls.  Ok.  I understood that.  I did that.  Most of the plants are against the balcony anyway.  When I came home today, all of the plants and  my gardening chest were shoved to one corner up against the wall.  Now, explain this to me.  You are painting the walls so you shove everything up against the wall.  Needless to say I am ticked off.  My balcony area is completely wrecked with dirt everywhere.  In addition to that, they have partitioned off half of the stairwell because they painted the steps.  Really?  I have had to carry Duke up and down the stairs so that he doesn't get into the paint.

Work
Work sucks.  Need I say more? 

Back to Houston
I will be back in Houston again very soon.  This time for a birthday party.  Another good friend of mine is having a birthday party for her youngest little girl who is turning 1.  So back to Houston I go.  I never attend any of her kids' events and I feel bad.  So I am going to go and take my niece, Cassady, with me.  She's 6 months old.  She's close to 1.  I think she would have a good time!  I really can't wait. 

Stitching
Not much progress to report on.  I'm working on some Christmas presents.  I just hope I don't run out of time.  I normally do but it's like when I know there is a deadline, I get really lazy and lose my mojo.  It's not fun to stitch when you HAVE to finish it within a certain amount of time.  Maybe if I wasn't so busy watching all the shows I recorded, I'd have more time to stitch?  Hmmmm....something to ponder!

No comments: