Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Mid-Week Update

It's Wednesday!  Yay!!!  Only 1 1/2 days of work left!  I am counting down to noon on Friday when I head off to Houston again!  Two times in one month!  How lucky am I  to get to visit some of my most favorite people!

Work - work is a paycheck.  While we are now fully staffed, I agreed today to take on more work.  I know!  What was I thinking?  Obviously I was not!  Or, I seem to have a serious problem at saying "No".  (My mother would disagree with that one!) We are currently bidding for a new client and well, it seems that it will fall onto me to service the new client, along with my current one and the other one that I am working on their annual convention.  Yeah, I can do it.  Now, whether my mind/sanity will survive, that's a whole other story!!!!  It just might entail some overtime which will be very welcomed!

I have been stitching some on the baby quilt.  A little bit each night.  But I don't see enough significant progress to post a picture.  Not sure what will be significant but you will know when you see the picture!  :) 

Have you checked out Heaven and Earth's website lately?  They've just recently released stockings!!!  Hmm, I wonder how long it would take to stitch one of those?  I've only completed two storykeeps.  I've always wanted a cross stitched stocking.  I have two stocking kits in my stash.  Started one, put in about 10 stitches.  But now it sits, waiting for me to pick it back up.  I just don't like working on aida anymore!!

Jill got a brochure today in the mail about the Renaissance Festival.  Woo hoo!  I've only been to this particular festival once but have been to other Renaissance Festivals.  I've always enjoyed them.  More so just being outside and enjoying the fall weather, but also looking at the crazy period costumes that the normal people wear, not just the actors. This was also the first time I had ever had a fried Milky Way.  Yes, they fried a candy bar.  It makes it super sweet.  Not really a fan of it.  I'm not very big on sweet things.

This fall weather we have been having has put me into a better frame of mind.  Makes me want to get up and do things!  I am so excited about seeing my BFF from high school, Sarah, this weekend.  Dinner at Gringo's with my "sister", Stacy. Time with my two nieces, Marly and Cassady!  Then next weekend!!!  Woo hoo!  Halloween!  I love Halloween!  Rocky Horror on Friday night with Jill and then the Tulane game on Saturday with Jill and her hubby!  I'm making enchiladas! Yummy!  I know, a very halloweeny meal, don't you think?  Mexican goes with everything! :)

November starts the holidays!  Those are just around the corner! I am so looking forward to my week off during Thanksgiving.  Even though it means I am just sitting at home doing nothing.  Well, that isn't true.  I have TONS of stitching to do.  Yay!!!  I can't wait!!! I also can't wait to decorate for Christmas.  I am staying home in BR this year.  I am refusing to travel to Austin to have Christmas with my parents and sister. So I am going to decorate my apartment.  I am very excited!  No, I won't be alone.  I already have friends kindly welcoming me to join them for Christmas.  I am so blessed!! :)

Well, I should have plenty of pictures to share after my weekend in Houston!  Till then, adios!!!

1 comment:

Nancy M said...

Stockings??? I must go take a look now.