This morning I am quite reflective on the past year and looking forward to all the new opportunities that the new year brings!!!
While I wouldn't say that 2009 was one of my worst years, it wasn't the best. But there were some definite high points! I reconnected with many old friends and family! Cassady became a permanent part of the family! I have a job in this current economic climate! I bought a new car!
But now I am ready to look forward to this new year. So many possibilities. I've been thinking about what I'd like to accomplish this year. I wouldn't say they are resolutions so much as they are goals.
1. Pay off another debt. I was really good this past year and managed to pay off 2! I hope this year to do the same!
2. Put money away in savings! This wasn't exactly accomplished in 2009 so hope to improve upon it this year!
3. Get a passport. I just think this is something I should have. What if I want to go on a cruise or go to Mexico? Need one for those these days!
4. Find a new place to live. Be it a new apartment or maybe a new home that I purchase. Ok, let's not get crazy! Buying a home is a HUGE commitment. Not sure if I am mature enough for that yet! :)
5. Be open to new things. Be it love, a career change, a move to a new city/state. Whatever it is, I want to be more open to the change!
Now for a few stitching goals:
1. To not buy any new patterns. (Now if someone else buys it for me, I won't turn it down!)
2. To buy only stash needed to complete patterns I currently have!
3. Finish Cassady's baby quilt.
4. Finish Jason's new baby (not born yet) baby quilt.
5. Finish HAED's Dragon Knot (that's an ambitious one!)
6. Finish 1 page of HAED's Mad Tea Party
7. Finish 1 page of HAED's Queen of Hearts
8. Complete Nora Robert's 'M'
I hope every one has a great day today! A great start to the New Year!!! I am off to watch the Capital One Bowl game (LSU) with my parents and have lunch!