Sunday, December 06, 2009

Busy Busy Busy....

I feel like I jammed so much into this weekend, I need a weekend to recover from my weekend!!

Snow
On Friday evening it snowed.  The rain started at about 4 pm and by 5 or 6 pm it was sleeting.  Many people around the area were reporting snow as early as 5:30ish but I didn't see any till almost 10 pm.  Duke and I went for a walk and there were big fluffy snowflakes.  That makes two years in a row that we've had snow in South Louisiana.  The next morning I bundled Duke up in his Harley Davidson sweatshirt and we took a walk outside.  The picture below shows the tiny bit of snow that was left:
















Shopping
Anyone who knows me, knows that I LOATHE shopping.  I just don't do it if I don't have to.  But Saturday was an exception.  I had a list of gifts I needed to get and I was determined to do it.  I started out at 9:30 am and didn't get home till 3:00 pm.  I was able to get everyone's presents with the exception of my mom's.  I visited 5 locations: Bed Bath and Beyond, Petsmart, Hobby Lobby, the Outlet Mall, and the Mall. I drove all over town!!!!  I can't remember the last time I shopped for that many hours!

Christmas
With most of the shopping done, it was time to wrap everything.  I spent a good portion of Saturday night wrapping presents. I'm still not done but a majority of it is done.  As I was wrapping, Duke decided that he wanted to get in on the action and do some snooping around:
















Even Duke's presents are ready for him on Christmas morning!
















Here is my tree loaded with presents.  Most of the presents will be gone by the end of the week though as they are for friends who live out of town. But don't forget, I still have other presents to wrap.  I spoiled everyone this Christmas!














Football
The SEC championship.  What a disappointment.  The one, and only time, I will ever root for Florida and they lose to Alabama. I'm still in shock!  But not as much shock as I was over Texas' field goal with 1 second left to beat Nebraska.  I do not think that Texas deserves to go to the National Championship game but I guess we'll all find out in the bowl selection show!

It was nice to find out though that USC is going to the Emerald Bowl.  Awwww, darn, it's their first non-BCS bowl game in 7 years.  That makes me very happy!  :) 

The Saints!!!  Woo hoo!!!  Can we say: UNDEFEATED!!!  12-0!  It was a crazy game with lots of ups and downs.  Pretty exciting up to the very end.  I liked what one of my colleagues posted on Facebook: "I always thought Tom Benson was the devil.  Now I just think he made a deal with the devil!"  What an exciting time for us in Louisiana to have our team undefeated!!!

Mexican Hot Chocolate
With the cold weather, I've been wanting something warm to drink.  I don't like coffee nor tea. So that leaves things like apple cider or hot chocolate.  Well, on my way home Friday, I stopped at the grocery store with the intent to purchase some hot chocolate.  The shelves were EMPTY!  There was no hot chocolate left!  With the exception of Nestle's Abuelita.  What is that you ask?  Well, upon looking at the box, it said it was "mexican" hot chocolate.  Now, how different can it be?  Chocolate is chocolate, right?  So I purchased a box.  I have to say, I like it BETTER than normal hot chocolate.  It has just a touch of cinnamon which I guess makes it mexican.  If you ever get a chance to try it, I highly recommend it!!!

Stitching
Oh, I've been bad.  No stitching update to report.  Just too much going on!  I do hope to do some before the New Year but major updates will probably have to wait until 2010!!!!

Off I go!  The Bowl Selection Show is coming up.  While LSU is not going to a BCS bowl game, I still want to know where they will end up and who their opponent will be!!!! I pray it isn't Iowa, as being reported, because that means the game will turn into a family rivalry.  My uncle is from Iowa and that is his favorite team.  I can hear the taunts already! LOL!

No comments: