Monday, August 27, 2007

Monday Hodge Podge

Summer TV:
Ok, I have to admit the selection of television shows worth watching this summer was sorely lacking! However, there was one show that I genuinely enjoyed watching every Sunday night. No, it wasn't the Girls Next Door! It was Army Wives. I don't know what it was about the show but I looked forward to it each and every week. Last night was the season finale. Of course, like any season finale it left you with a cliff hanger. But instead of the literal "big bang", it went out with you wondering if there was a "bang!" If you haven't watched the show, I highly suggest that you catch it on re-runs.

Cross Stitch:
Multi-projects. I've been noticing on more and more boards and forums that stitchers seem to have more than one project going at a time. I'm not quite sure how that would work. If I don't focus on one project at a time and finish it before starting a new one, I would think that it would never get done. It takes me long enough to do one, let alone two or three. If you have any thoughts or suggestions on how to handle this, please feel free to comment!


Another WIP:

This one is called In the Blue. It's a project I am working on for myself but have put to the side so that I can finish my Christmas presents up. If and when I finish it, it will the first project I have ever kept for myself!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're already doing a rotation of kinds as you've put your main WIP aside to work on something else. For a while now I've been working on just one project (the photostitch) and getting pretty bored with it so yesterday I sat down and worked out a rotation. I have chosen 4 pieces to start with (all unfinished pieces) and will work about 10 hours on each (only approximate - I'm not going to sit and clock watch the whole time) then I'll move on to the next. I chose 2 larger projects and two smaller ones so that every couple of rotations I'll have a finish. Does that make any sense at all? There is a link on my blog in the links bit to my google spreadsheet with my StRIP List, Rotation etc on it.

In the Blue looks very interesting. I've never seen this one so I have no idea what it's going to look like. I'll have to keep popping back to see the full picture as you stitch :o)

KiKi said...

Thanks Cat! I guess you are right. And just as an update, I got a call from my friend today. All is well with us. He did not get back with the ex, he said he had to draw the line. He is hoping that I will be able to come out and visit him soon. If not (he's in the Navy and can be shipped out at anytime), he is coming home for Christmas and he hopes to be able to come down to where I live to see me! (His family is about 2-3 hours drive away!)