Thursday, May 17, 2007

My Birthday Week

Tomorrow starts the week that leads up to my birthday! There are plenty of activities planned and I am very excited! It all starts tomorrow with a dinner at my friend's house. There we will dine on food, that I didn't have to cook, and plan out the activities for the following weekend!

On my birthday I am going to New Orleans. While my original guest has backed out on me, I have had many people step forward and it makes me so happy to know that I am loved! So after a day of sight seeing in New Orleans, I will go to dinner with my friends! I was thinking mexican but now I am thinking something else. I'm sure that will all be hashed out tomorrow night!

The weekend of my birthday my friends and I will be going to the beach! Since I have been asked to baby sit this weekend, my trip next weekend will be all paid for! I will not have to worry about any costs! A few days laying in the sun, sand, and water sounds absolutely HEAVENLY!

I can't wait to see the presents I get. I know, that sounds so incredibly childish but now that I am older and my friends are older, I tend to actually get gifts that I need instead of want. I appreciate those gifts so much more!

It has been a rough year. Full of discovery! And full of growth. I have learned so many lessons and I find that I am actually applying them! Even today I applied a lesson I learned from someone who is no longer in my life. And it felt good to do so! And well, now that I reflect upon it, I am applying a lesson that my friend Ron has tried repeatedly to teach me. He'll be so proud. He is always telling me not to sweat the small stuff. He is so very right! And it brings a smile to my face! And I am sure it will bring one to his face when I email him to let him know!

I am happy to say that I was able to let go drama that was in my life and I don't regret it. I have learned who is important in my life and who is just excess baggage. Heck, I still have one more week of things to learn before my birthday! Hopefully they won't be as hard as the last 6 months have been! But I look forward to everyone of them!

No comments: