Sunday, January 28, 2007

Spiraling Out of Control

Do you ever get that feeling that things are just so out of control? That you don't know how to fix even the simplest things? This weekend has been one of those weekends.


First, my bedroom window was leaking, AGAIN. This has been on going since early January since the squirrels decided to try to move in to my bedroom. I was told that the repairs done on Friday would finally fix everything. Well, it hasn't. So now on Monday I have to go and battle the apartment office again!


Second, and this is gross so if you have a weak stomach proceed to the next paragraph, I found worms in my cat's stool! Yep, worms. The cat is an indoor cat. He does not go outside and yet he still has worms. So now I have to take him to the vet and spend money I don't have! Not only do I have to take him, but I have to take the dog too since they both spend time in the same areas.


Third, when I was feeling my lowest, my friend Ron IM'd me. For those who don't know, Ron is currently on a submarine somewhere in the world but is in port somewhere for a few weeks and able to communicate every once in a while. Well, guess what? My computer decided to freak out. Yep, I was finally feeling a grip on reality because I was able to speak to him and my computer decided to go nuts and kick me off the internet! What did I do? I cried. I cried hard. Once I was able to get back on, of course he was gone. So I wrote him an email to let him know that he didn't say anything to upset me.


At that point I decided to sit down, watch a movie and work on my cross stitch. Yes, MY cross stitch. I am finally doing one that if for me! Just for me! I haven't been able to get all the materials for the project I am going to do for my friend, Joy, so I started on this one that I had purchased for myself about two years ago. I can't wait to finish it. But it is slow going. I have to change colors very often. I try to do a block of one color as much as I can, but still have to change often and that slows the process down. Hopefully it won't take me more than a few years to do it! LOL!

No comments: