Sunday, January 21, 2007

Jupiter Ball


Saturday, January 20th was the date of the fourth annual Jupiter ball. Jupiter is a fairly new krewe in Baton Rouge who's goal is to bring traditional New Orleans parade and events to Baton Rouge. I've been to their parade for the past two years and have to say that it is the best mardi gras parade in Baton Rouge. Very close to a New Orleans parade.

This year, I was lucky enough to go to the ball! An opportunity to dress up in a fancy formal gown and be all pretty and elegant. My mother helped me out by purchasing my dress and accessories. Plus with some other donated items from my friend, Bean, the outfit was complete! (You can't see it, but I wore the butterfly clip in my hair. I got MANY compliments on it! Thanks!)

Everyone looked so pretty. All of us in our dresses! It's amazing how a pretty dress can make you feel so good! I spent the entire night "swishing my skirt"!

The theme of the ball was "Nightmare on Fourth Street." For those who know me, this is a dream come true. I LOVE horror! There were demons and monsters walking around the crowd, mingling and scaring guests. We ate, we drank, and danced the night away! It was so much fun!
I've been to Bacchus ball a few years ago. This was not the same in the sense that there was no parade. The court was introduced and walked through the crowd throwing a FEW trinkets but not like Bacchus where the entire parade rolls through and they throw tons and tons of beads! But it was still fun!

I look forward to being able to go again next year. The only improvement over this year would to be to have an actual date! I'll even wear the same dress, if it still fits, because I absolutely adore that dress! However, when I bought it, it fit PERFECTLY. When I put it on Saturday night, I had some extra room in it! I'm not complaining! I love the fact I lost some inches, just not looking forward to that tailoring bill! LOL!

1 comment:

Jill said...

Aww you girls look so glam! I can't wait to see more pics.