Wednesday, July 07, 2010

Little bit of everything....

My sister is officially back at home in Austin.  Today she had her doctor's appointment.  She is healing well.  Still at least another month before she can begin trying to walk on her ankle but she has been cleared to start driving (crazy, huh?  Drive before walk) and can go back to work on Monday.  She is very excited about going back to work.  I told her she was "sick"!!  LOL!!  Mom will be returning home at the end of this week.  My sister really can get along much better now and my mom has lined up my sister's friends to help her when she needs it. 

I'll admit it.  I'm worried about her.  She is the baby after all!!!  But she is 30 years old and needs to take charge of her life.  But I do miss her.  Now that she isn't around, I have way too much time on my hands to think!  Think = trouble!!!! 

Well, the maternity leave merry-go-round at work has begun!!!  The first of 3 women to leave on maternity leave has gone out.  She actually has gone out about 3 weeks early.  She was diagnosed with pre-eclampsia and was already 3 cm dilated at her doctor's visit yesterday.  In fact, as I write this we are all waiting to get a text as to what she has had as they induced her this morning and were predicting a baby around 6 pm. 

And to go along with the baby theme (it seems to have been raining babies around here lately!), I have another finish.  This one is for my BFF Jason's new little boy.  I'm a tiny bit late on a gift as he is already just over a month old but there's been a lot going on!!!  I've really enjoyed stitching these bibs!!  They are so quick and make great gifts!!! I plan on stitching at least 2 more of this over the next few weeks/months.

(Aren't the frogs adorable?)

I am still working on all my other projects.  The 2 baby quilts.  The HAED Dragon Knot.  I've also been "itching" to start a new project.  I still have that biscornu kit that I purchased that I am still very frightened to do.  Finishing, other than framing, is not one of my strong points.

Summer time is flying by.  I'm hoping to fit in a short vacation to the beach at the end of August or early September.  With all of the maternity leaves occurring this year, I see lots of OT in my future.  Makes me feel tired already but it means extra money and that is a good thing.  I hit 5 years with the company in September which means I will have 3 weeks of vacation next year.  Awesome!!!  I already have 2 trips in mind.  Well, one isn't really a trip since it is to New Orleans which is less than an hour away!  But it will be for Mardi Gras.  I am hoping that my cousin from Boulder will be able to come in and experience Mardi Gras for the very first time!!!  Then another trip in April to see my cousins in Ohio.  There is a wedding and that seems to be a good time as any to go.  I also see many trips to Mississippi in my future.  My nieces and nephew are moving there, just south of Memphis.  That would be only the reason I'd go to Mississippi other than for football games. 

Cleaning seemed to be a common theme last holiday weekend.  I went through my closet and drawers and cleaned out a bag of clothes and a bag of purses.  I kept all of my Coach purses of course!!! One of my co-workers also cleaned this weekend and found a file of cross stitch patterns.  Louisiana themed.  She doesn't stitch.  LOL!!  She remember getting them but doesn't know what for.  So she gave them to me.  I'll have to see what to do with them. 

It's been raining all week.  I really hope that it stops for the weekend.  I'd like to get out in the sun and continue building on the small amount of color I do have!!! 

4 comments:

Emily in NC said...

Cute bib, glad your sister is healing up nicely. Guess she can drive before walking cause it puts less pressure on the ankle?? She is ambitious going back to work this soon.

Katrien said...

Cute bib!

Terry said...

Great news about your sister. Lovely bib; I'm sure your BFF will love it and so will the baby.

Anonymous said...

Cute bib!