Monday, July 26, 2010

Lazy Weekend....

So this past weekend was a lazy one.  No plans.  No where to go.  Nothing to do.  No one to see.  This was mostly because of Bonnie, the storm that wasn't.  I never even saw a drop of rain.  Thanks Bonnie!

Reading Suggestion:
I read a lot but I'm not one to say "Hey, you should read this book."  I'm going to make an exception.  I just recently finished "In the Sanctuary of Outcasts: A Memoir" by Neil White.  This is the author's tale of spending a year in a federal prison that was located in America's last leper colony in Carville, LA.  This book is not one I would have typically read since it doesn't have werewolves, vampires or witches in it.  But it really was a good book.  I suggest, especially for those who are from Louisiana, to read this book.  And if you happen to be in the Baton Rouge area, the author will be at LSU on Thursday evening and at the Jones Creek Library on Friday.

Stitching:
Since I had nothing to do this weekend and I really did manage to avoid doing chores, I was able to get quite a bit done on my new project, Passione Ricamo's Welcome Fairy. This is going fast, but as someone pointed out in a comment, anything seems fast after working on a HAED!!!  This is very true!

Last week's start:

This week's progress:

4 comments:

htimcj said...

Wow! You made great progress on this piece. I really like it.
Heidi-ILCS

Katrien said...

beautiful

Terri said...

Absolutely beautiful Cannot wait to see more

Meari said...

You made a lot of progress. It looks really good!