Sunday, July 11, 2010

A Good Summertime Weekend

This month I am enjoying my Friday afternoons off!  The company has graced us with an early quitting time of 2 pm on Fridays in July.  Not sure of the reason, but it is a nice treat!!!  It makes a world of difference getting off 2 hours early!!!  Makes the weekend feel almost a whole day longer!!!

I had an awesome time Friday night.  Went to dinner with an old friend and it was nice to talk over good mexican food and great margaritas!!  We then headed to hear a a friend of mine, Boxx, do an acoustic jam with a friend of his.  They did great! (Ok, so I'm just a teeny tiny bit biased!)  We enjoyed some good music and nice, cold, delicious daiquiris!  We must do this again soon!

Saturday morning, upon waking and verifying that the sun was out (weather predicted 50% chance of rain), I put on my swim suit and headed to the pool.  I swam laps for 30 minutes and then laid out for an hour.  I wouldn't say that I am trying to tan because, to be frank, that just isn't possible.  I am very fair.  I typically go from white to red back to white!  If I spend a LOT of time out in the sun, I might get a touch of a peachy color, but that takes a lot of time!!!  So let's just say, I am white and no longer ghostly white!!!  :)

Upon returning to the apartment, I just wasn't ready to shower and put on "real clothes".  So I sat on the balcony reading a book for an additional hour until it started to get really cloudy and thunder rumbling.  The rest of the afternoon was spent on the couch watching Harry Potter movies (are you groaning out loud Jill?) and stitching!!!!  It was a great afternoon to do that because it stormed the rest of the day!!!!

Despite all the rain of Saturday afternoon and night, Sunday was a beautiful sunny morning.  So once again, I put on my bathing suit and headed to the pool.  I did laps again for 30 minutes and then laid out for about an hour.  I love the drowsy feeling that comes over you after you've been swimming and being in the sun!  The rest of the day was filled with getting ready for the work week and stitching.  I'm glad that I went swimming in the morning though.  It didn't rain in the afternoon as it did on Saturday BUT it did get blazing hot!!!

Here's an update on Dragon Knot.  The nights or days that I do stitch, I've been stitching on this project.  I love seeing the progress on it and plus I want to finish it!!!  I feel like I've been working on it forever!!!


Before: 06/30/2010


Now: 07/11/2010

In addition, I took the time to start kitting up a project that I picked out for my friend Stacy.  She has been bugging me for years to do one for her.  She has loved all the ones I have done for her children, Marly and Parker, and has wanted one for herself.  So I picked this Passione Ricamo design for her.



Speaking of Passione Ricamo designs.  Has anyone visited their site before?  They have absolutely beautiful designs and a bunch of freebie designs to download.  Check them out!!! http://www.passionericamo.eu/

This is just a pic of my puppy, Duke!!  He wanted to get in on the action as I was taking an updated picture of my stitching:

3 comments:

Emily in NC said...

Cool that you are getting off earlier this month. And what a nice night out. Dragon Knot if coming along, looks like only a couple more pages?? Have fun with the new project as well.

Carolyn NC said...

Sounds like a nice, relaxing weekend. Wonderful progress on DK - almost done! New project is cool, too!

htimcj said...

Great progress on the Dragon Knot. You look to be getting closer to finishing.
Heidi-ILCS