Tuesday, May 11, 2010

From The Bottom of My Broken Heart

No, no, no, no!!!  This is not in the reference of my heart!!!  LOL!!!  This is a title of a Britney Spears' song from the late 90s.  I heard it today when I was at the grocery store and it brought back a good memory

At one time my sister wanted to be a singer.  She's pretty good.  I'm not just saying that because she is my sister either.  She has even been asked by friends to sing at their weddings.  Anyway, in early 2000, my sister asked me to take her to Nashville to record a demo.  So I drove my sister all the way to Nashville for a few days for her to start pursuing her career as a singer.  We had a good time.  Most of it was spent in the studio recording songs and "From the Bottom of My Broken Heart" (click on the title for a brief preview of the song) was one of the songs she sang.  I have to admit, it has become one of my favorite songs.  I also know the lyrics by heart because I heard it over and over and over again about 100 times over those days. In the car to Nashville she sang it over and over and over again.  Then in the recording studio, they took take after take after take.  I kid you not, I feel like those lyrics are fried into my brain.  Amazed I still like it!!! But the process is really interesting.  We did a little bit of sightseeing when she wasn't recording but I also recall that one evening it was pouring so we went and saw "Deuce Bigelow: Male Gigilo".  LOL!!!  Oh, the things that I do for my baby sister!!!

I also remember that on the way back home, we stopped in Memphis because my sister couldn't be in the state of Tennessee and not go see Graceland.  She's only been there at least 20 times.  I guess there's a reason why her name is Lisa Marie!!! (I named her, who knew it would be so prophetic.) We also stayed with my good friend Jason's parents, Brenda and Al.  My sister especially enjoyed it because Ms. Brenda never did simple.  She loved to spoil us!!!  She had a huge dinner waiting for us upon our arrival and the next morning, because she didn't know what we liked, she had bagels, donuts, pancakes, waffles, eggs, cereal...and so much more for us.  My sister, who loves to eat, absolutely fell in love with Ms. Brenda!!!

I just had to share this memory.  It is such a good one!!!  Hearing that song was like a flashback!!!  A GOOD flashback!!!

1 comment:

Meari said...

What a great memory. Thanks for sharing it with us!