Monday, November 16, 2009

Update of Last Week

Boxes for the Troops
Last week was Veteran's Day. In honor of the day, our little office of 8 put together boxes for the troops. Also, one of our co-workers is the wife of a Major in the marines who has done 2 tours of duty.  She knows first hand how much cheer a box from home can bring.  With the help of my friend Jill and my mom, we had enough stuff to do 11 boxes!  I LOVE putting boxes together for the military.  It's a way to do a good deed for others and to feel good about yourself without a bunch of hoopla!  We all agreed that this is something we would like to do on a regular basis.








Renaissance Fair
Saturday was a beautiful day!  Beautiful blue skies. Sunshine. Cool weather.  It was a perfect day to be outside!  I started the day out by getting my hair cut and colored.  Changed up my color a bit.  Went dark brown with lots of red in it.  You can really see the red in it when out in the sun.  I am so loving it. It was time for a change!!!

Celestine, Jill, Joy and I all piled up in the car and went to Hammond for the Renaissance Fair.  It was a great afternoon spent outdoors looking at the different booths, watching a Birds of Prey show, a joust and the numerous people in costume.  Joy and I had some fun at the hat shop trying on hats.  I swear that Jill and Celestine were there with us, they are camera shy!





Stitching Update
This past week I focused on the Mad Tea Party.  I was just on a roll and felt like I was making great progress so I just had to keep on with it!




1 comment:

5 Foot Runt said...

Sounds like you all had a fun day. Mad tea Party sounds like a really cool thing to stitch!