Tuesday, November 24, 2009

First Day of Vacation

Today is my first day of six straight days of no work!  I have to say, it is pretty overwhelming!  I am not used to having so much time off! I don't quite know what to do with myself!

I started the day off by sleeping in till 9 am!  It felt so GOOD!  Duke even participated.  In fact, he was still in bed when I got out of the shower!  I guess he was feeling lazy too!!!

Treated myself to a movie: New Moon!  I was so excited to see it!  I know there are many people out there who do not like the Twilight series, but I am not one of them!  I adore the books and have liked the movies.  I can so appreciate the depression Bella sinks into when Edward leaves her!  Although she goes on with her life, there is a hole that is left in her.  Ahhhh!!!!  Romance!!!!  True love!!!!  What a way to escape my reality!

Did do a little bit of Christmas shopping.  Can't say what I bought, someone who I purchase gifts for might be reading this and the surprise will be ruined!

Now on to a few household chores.  It always amazes me how just me and the dog can create so much clutter!  Mostly that I loathe cleaning too so it piles up and piles up till I HAVE to do it because I can't stand it anymore!!!!  Also made the cranberry salad that I am in charge of for Thanksgiving.  It tastes better when it has "sat" for a while!

I hope to get some stitching done later on this week!  So much to do and wow! the time to do it!!!

2 comments:

CindyMae said...

Enjoy your time off!!

Carolyn NC said...

What fun - enjoy your time!