Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Stressed!

Things have been so crazy lately!  I haven't even been able to stitch like I want to.  And the clock is ticking down to Christmas!!!! 

Work
Work has been crazy since early August.  We lost two employees at that time.  We are typically a staff of 6 but we are currently a staff of 4.  We are all feeling the effects!  I can't even tell if I am coming and going these days!  On Monday, I was so distracted I actually stood in front of my apartment door getting frustrated because the door would not unlock.  I was using the car's key fob.  Did you know that no matter how many times you hit "unlock", it won't open your home's door? Ugh!!!!

About a month ago, we did hire a new person.  There is no formal training though for what we do and well, it is kind of like being thrown to the wolves.  You throw them in and hope they land on their feet!!!  But with all the activities going on with work, it's hard to sit and hold someone's hand.  Even more difficult when the boss is making the new employee cry!  Yes, cry. 

We have a new person starting tomorrow. We have a lot going on in our office as we have 2 board meetings and a convention all on Friday.  That's just Friday.  Next week we have a dinner event and 2 board meetings (one of which is out of state). How do we hold the newest person's hand and not run them off while we are running around like chickens without heads!?

Personal Life
Obviously work is cutting into the personal life.  I'm a pretty low key person.  I am typically home on the weekends, not really doing a lot.  I can't remember the last time that happened.  For the past month I have had something to do every weekend.  It's not really a complaint but it doesn't leave much time to stitch or take a breath!!!!  I think, fingers crossed, this weekend and the next will be fairly quiet!  I would really like to sit down and get some stitching done!  Maybe read the book that my Dad recommended and lent to me!!!

I'm also still dealing with the loss of my sailor.  Sigh. The head is so smart, the heart is so stupid.

September
September has not been a favorite month of mine for quite a few years now.  September marks the anniversaries of my niece Payton's death and my cat Buddy's death.  It's been 6 years since Payton died in a freak accident.  It's been one year since Buddy had to be put to sleep.  Not to mention the anniversaries of hurricanes.  Blegh! Isn't there a song that says "Wake me when September ends"?  Yep, pretty  much how I feel. Well, I think I would want to wake up for the LSU football games.

I really don't like to use my blog to gripe but I felt the need to write.  It makes me better when I get it out.  I'm a "talker".  But I don't want to burden others so I rarely do it.  But this is my outlet.  Writing.

Thanks for reading.

3 comments:

Tammy said...

Aw, I'm sorry you're having a tough month. You're dealing with alot of loss and I'd say it's pretty normal to feel how you've been feeling. You also need some rest and time to recoop from work. Being busy on the weekends takes its toll on a working person! I hope it isn't too bad that I LOL'd at you trying to open the door with your car remote! Come see my blog-I posted a cool movie trailer to take your mind off everything!

Carolyn NC said...

Well, at the rate it's already flying, Sept. will be gone before you know it. Hope work settles down for you soon and that you get some time to yourself. Sorry you're dealing with so many heavy things right now...take care :)

CindyMae said...

I hope things settle down for you soon and you are able to have some quite stitching time! We all need that to relieve that stress! Just don't get to down and out, I am praying for you!