Sunday, September 23, 2007

Weekend Fun

This weekend I was blessed with my niece and nephew. They are two very good kids who have TONS of energy. I kept my nephew over night on Friday while my niece stayed with my parents (her choice since she was originally supposed to stay with me). Parker and I spent Friday evening watching Chronicles of Narnia and playing video games. And although he was given the option of sleeping in my room with me, he opted for the couch! Hmmmm, could it be my snoring? LOL! Marly spent the evening with my parents reading books and watching Beauty and the Beast.

My mom and I took them on Saturday to get their Halloween costumes. A tradition I started when my niece Marly was just a baby. While Parker already had made his decision about his costume, Marly pondered many options! There was Alice in Wonderland, Mulan, Belle, etc. But she choose Jasmine. Parker will be Captain Jack Sparrow from Pirates of the Carribbean. Aren't they just too cute? We had so much fun! We did arts and crafts projects, colored pages from coloring books, played Pirates, watched the LSU game! They wore me out! When I was bringing them back to their parents, I thought I would feel relieved because I would be able to get some rest, but I wasn't. I miss them! It's too quiet around here without them!







I am posting this update on Amore. I was only able to get in a little bit of stitching on Friday evening and I've worked on it for a few hours today. I plan on doing some more tonight. I'm hoping to maybe finish it this week if it is not a busy week! I have no new books to distract me so it might get done!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amore is moving along nicely. You'll have it finished in no time.

Your niece and nephew look like they had a great time choosing their costume. Don't they look great!

sugardoll said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
sugardoll said...

Forgive me I had to delete my original post. i thought the little boy is your son.

I was saying I love his expression. Its priceless!! *^_^*

KiKi said...

No problem! I think of him as my son! Except I get to give him back after I have hyped him up on sugar! LOL! We have so much fun when we are together!