Saturday, January 26, 2013

So confusing…

We were always taught that January was a winter month. A time for sweaters, hot cocoa, fires, coats, etc. So why is it 74 degrees, shorts, t-shirts, flip flops and the AC is on? The weather is crazy!!! In fact, on Tuesday it will be close to 80 degrees!

While it was a beautiful spring weekend, I spent most of it inside. Sick…again. Ugh!!! This time fever and sore throat. It was off and on, the fever. Very frustrating. I need to get well. The next two weekends are going to be packed with lots of potential fun!!!

I didn't sit around all weekend and wallow in sickness. I can't seem to do that. Probably why it takes me so long to get better!

I did get some cleaning done around the apartment. Bought a new shirt, New Orleans Saints, to wear next weekend. Put in a lot of stitches in my HAED Peacock. Started watching the first season of Downton Abbey (which I absolutely adored). Started the book Beautiful Creatures.

And for some reason, I thought it would be a good idea to make homemade applesauce. Took me FOREVER to peel, core and chop 12 apples!!! It is a simple recipe. 12 apples, a tablespoon of water, and a teaspoon of cinnamon. All cooked down in a crock pot. But it was definitely yummy!!! But from now on, I think I'll just buy it from the store!!

Also tried another new recipe for a southwestern casserole. Layering tortillas with a yummy black bean mixture, salsa and cheese. The best part of it is that it is only 290 calories a serving. Probably less since I used fat free cheese. Sided with a salad, it made quite a yummy dinner!

Can not wait for Saturday! Hoping to get into the recording of CMT's Crossroads with Rascal Flatts and Journey. Looking more forward to Journey than Rascal Flatts. Also hoping to see some celebrities down in the Quarter. The list of appearances is a mile long with the Super Bowl in town!!

I hope to have some pictures of our adventures next time!!

No comments: