Sunday, June 10, 2012

A Weekend at Home

Well, this was a first in a very  long time! I had no plans.  No activities.  No visits from friends.  No visits with friends.  It was kind of nice.  :)

My original plans for the weekend were to hang out at the lakes and the pool.  Well, I only got to go to the lakes on Saturday morning before the rain came through.  I managed to get in a 5 mile walk on Saturday morning around the lakes.  The rest of the day was all rainy. 

The rest of the weekend was also rainy.  But it allowed me to get a few things done around the house and a few movies watched.  Although a good part of this weekend has been spent under a geat amount of anxiety!

What is causing me this great anxiety? The LSU Tigers are playing in the Super Regional.  We won the first game.  Lost the second game.  And the 3rd game is just starting now.  I can only hope that they win tonight and move on to Omaha!!!  I guess we'll see if they do in the next 3 hours!

When I wasn't watching the baseball games, I was able to clean out my bathroom closet.  It was so needed it.  I didn't really throw anything away but I pulled everything out and put it in its rightful place.  What a huge difference that can make! Now I know what I have and what I don't have.  Novel idea, right?  lol

Watched a few movies this weekend.  Two were on HBO.  One was Jane Eyre, based upon the novel.  It was pretty true to the story.  Then I watched the Hangover 2.  Nope, hadn't watched it yet.  I have to be honest, it was a great way to spend the evening stitching while it played in the background.  I enjoyed it but didn't love it. 

The last movie I saw this weekend was Snow White and the Huntsman.  Now, to be honest, I haven't heard very good reviews on this movie but I've been wanting to see it.  And with it being rainy, that was a perfect time to see it without feeling guilty that I was wasting a sunny day!!! I thoroughly enjoyed it.  It was dark.  All the things that everyone was complaining about, the darkness, the lack of dialogue, were all the things that I really enjoyed about it.  I will have to add it to my dvd collection when it comes out.  Charlze Theron of course was an amazing evil queen.

This weekend I managed to finish another page of Dragon Knot!  I've moved on to the last full page.  So that leaves me with the one full page and a 1/4 page left to do.  After over 5 years of working on this project, I am so close to getting it done!  I cannot wait so I can go and get it framed. 



I am back to a normal work schedule this week.  I cannot wait!!!  Maybe I can get some things accomplished. I have only 18 more days until my vacation and I plan on leaving as clean of a desk as I possibly can!  This week I will also get back to a normal work out and diet schedule.  The past two weeks have been very disruptive to that process! I've already made my salad for lunch this week.  Have my yogurts ready for breakfast.  Dinner will be probably grilled chicken most nights.  I also hope to get out to the lakes at least twice this week to walk.  But it seems that the summertime pattern of raining in the afternoons/evenings has begun!!

Hope everyone has a great week!

1 comment:

mdgtjulie said...

Dragon Knot looks fabulous. And I really want to see Snow White too. It sounds like it's right up my alley. Glad that you enjoyed it!!