Sunday, June 24, 2012

Summer fun

I have been enjoying summer so much already!! I've been spending time at the lakes by the university every chance I can when it is sunny to get in a walk. It is a total of 4 miles around the lake.


One of the veiws along my walk.

One of the roads along my walk that is bordered by large trees providing plenty of shade!

I've spent so much time outside so far that I have actually been asked if I've been going to the tanning bed because I actually look tan!! That made me laugh. I am so white I glow in the dark!!

I was thinking this morning, as I was walking around the lake, how I had so far managed to stay on my two feet. See, I have been known to trip over air. I thought it and it happened. Tripped over air!! Or my own 2 feet, depending on how you view it. I was lucky. Nothing, once again, was hurt. Just bruising. Even managed to not bust open my knees! But it hurt!!

It was a steamy hot weekend! I did go to the pool on Saturday. It was so hot that my knees were sweating!!

My sister sent me this the other day. Normally it is so right on but I have to admit now that Jo-Ann's is open I have an alternative place to shop on Sundays!!

I have finished another page on Dragon Knot. I contemplated taking another progress picture but decided to wait til it is done as I only have less than a page to complete! I am very excited to complete this project!

I can't wait for the next 4 days to pass!! In 4 days, barring any hurricanes, I will be on a plane headed to see my family! I've already started to pack. I'm already overwhelmed with the packing! I haven't taken a vacation for more than a weekend in a long time!! Not sure what to pack! I'm sure I'll overpack!



3 comments:

Shaunterria said...

I don't even have a Hobby Lobby near me, and I want to go! *lol* I hope you have a wonderful time on vacation...take lots of pictures and if you can, buy lots of stash :)

--Shaunterria
ca11i0pe.blogspot.com

Terry said...

Tag you're it!

mdgtjulie said...

It's better to over pack than to under pack, lol. I hope you enjoy the vacation!! And bravo to you for walking so much. That's wonderful. The pounds are just gonna fall off, lol. Keep up the good work!! And I can't wait to see Dragon Knot. I know you've been waiting on happy dance day for just about forever!!