Sunday, April 29, 2012

Spring is here!

Spring is here!!! We have had some beautiful weather these past few weeks and it has kept me busy during my free time. 

Last weekend, I went to DC for the very first time.  I was only there for 2 whole days and I was attending a leadership symposium for work so there was little time for sightseeing.  But I am anxious to go back if I can!


I did manage to roam the grounds of the Capitol and visit the Botanical Gardens.  There was an exhibit of orchids occurring.  They are such beautiful, fragile looking flowers.  But I have been told that they are actually quite easy to care for.  Hmmm, I sitll don't think I dare to try to grow one!

LSU Colors!

Pineapple!  I didn't know this was how they were grown!


Very little stitching has been done.  Between work, working out, Duke, and friends/family, there's been little time to stitch.  :(  But I have managed to put in a stitch or two, here and there on Dragon Knot when I can. 


Close up of the middle section

The entire project.  Only a few more pages left to go!

I have gotten some reading done however.  Well, my flight to DC was delayed two hours going there. Then the weather went from 80 degrees and sunny to 40 degrees and rainy and my plans to visit a friend fell through so there was some time in the hotel.  I managed to finish The Girl Who Played with Fire.  I've been trying to find time to read this book.  It was good!  Not my typical genre but very good!  I am now trying to read the third and last book in the series!

In two weeks, Charlaine Harris, the writer of the Sookie Stackhouse series, will be in town for a book signing.  I am hoping to get to it and have the last book of the series signed.  :)

Ok, break time is over.  My apartment looks like a tornado came through so I've been spending a good part of this weekend cleaning.  I'm making progess.  Slowly but surely. Hopefully by next week I will have it back in order after neglecting it for so long!  


No comments: