Wednesday, December 07, 2011

Good Intentions...

Lately life seems to be all about good intentions.  I intended to do that.  I intended to do this. But the intended?  It never seems to get done!!!

Today was the Ringing of the Bells.  My friend Jenny and I went to one of the local department stores at the mall and "rang the bells" for 2 hours this afternoon.  Of course today was the day that it was in the 40s!  Probably our coldest day this winter!  I am so completely bundled up with layers of clothing that I could barey move and I was still cold.  Jenny had on her two pairs of socks and her Minnie Santa Hat which she said kept her quite warm!!! We immediately went to Starbucks afterwards to get coffee to warm up!

I have to say I was not going for a fashion statement.  I was completely thinking of being warm only!!!

Doesn't she look like she's having a good time?

It has been so cold the last few days that I've even been putting Duke into his winter gear.  It is the only time of year that I can get him to wear clothes!!!



I'm impressed with my self this evening.  I came home and did the dishes, washed two loads of linens and hope to tackle wrapping some presents.  This is much better than the last few nights when I have come home and done absolutely nothing because I've been so tired from work! I must confess, I am trying to keep myself distracted.  No time to think and get into trouble!!!  For those who know me, they know that when I begin to ponder too much, trouble seems to follow! Which is another reason why this is my 2nd post in just a week!!! Most times, busy is good!!! Especially during the holidays when so many emotions pleasant or unpleasant can be brought to the fore front!

Now if I can only get myself motivated to work on the rest of my Christmas presents for my Sister that I am making for her.  So close to finishing but know that if I don't put my mind to it, they won't be finished!!!

No comments: