Friday, March 25, 2011

Two Weeks Notice

Once again I have put in my "two weeks notice."  Wow!  I really didn't imagine that I'd be doing that again.  Yes, I've been looking for another position, but it isn't really easy to get a job! After months of submitting resumes and going on interviews, I was handed not 1 but 2 offers this week (not to mention the 3 phone calls I've had asking me for an interview)! 

The first offer was for a position with a marine fleet company that was in the next town about 30 minutes away.  It wasn't a bad drive.  All interstate and not much traffic.  I interviewed with them 3 times.  I think I met the entire upper management team.  During the last interview, they made me an offer for the position.  I was so thankful.  They seemed to be a great company with great people to work with!  I was excited! 

But then, a position at my old job opened up.  I never thought I would ever go back or even be wanted back there!  I loved the work.  Liked the people.  But the boss and I, well, we had our moments.  But he called me to see if I would be interested in going back.  I thought about it and agreed.  He said he'd get back with me. 

So, offer #1 was received on Wednesday.  Offer #2 was received on Thursday.  Having choices is not always good!  I had already tentatively accepted offer #1 based upon passing a few physical tests and a final reference check.  But offer #2 was just as good money-wise AND I would pick up all of the benefits and tenure I had since I was returning to the company within a year of leaving! 

I went with offer #2.  I am going back to the association management business!  I was offered my old association but I decided to work with some new ones.  Also, my role will be a little different this time as I will be working more with the other coordinators, training them, and developing/expanding programs for the associations.

I am very excited about this.  So, now I just have to get through the next 2 weeks at my current job.  I can already feel the stress related to wondering if I'll get paid or if I'll have a job melting away!  Now I can just worry about doing a good job!

2 comments:

Claudette497 said...

Congratulations on the "new" job! I quit at the same company 3 times, and it was always great to come back - I hope the boss treats you right this time!

Anonymous said...

Out of curiosity, where do you go to apply for these jobs because I am having no luck. Nothing is biting at all! I would love a point in the right direction.