Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Where in the World Have I Been?

I have not been blogging as much as I usually do.  Life has been busy or I have been so darn tired I can't muster any imagination to sit down and write out a posting.  But today, I was determined to do just that!

Let's go back to this past Friday:

Friday was my last day at work (today is Wednesday and last Friday seems like months ago).  I was dreading this day because I really thought it would go on FOREVER.  But it didn't.  It zipped by so quickly.  I busted my butt and got a TON accomplished. Had a great "last" lunch with the other girls from the office and when 4 pm came, I was out the door.  I think I ended my chapter there on a good note.  My boss offered me all the luck in the world and assistance in any future endeavors should I need it.  He also offered me a job as one of the other girls in the office decided to put in her 2 weeks notice 30 minutes before I left!  The president of the association I worked on also offered me any assistance should I need it.  It was all very nice and bitter sweet. 

Friday night, my friend Jill and I met up with my sister at a new pizza restaurant.  It was awesome!  Loved it!  Had me a spicy taco pizza.  I LOVE taco pizza and hardly anyone makes it anymore.  After a nice dinner and some teasing of my sister about her "goth" makeup (she says it is what they do in the "big city", puhlease, she lives in Austin), Jill and I headed to the daiquiri shop to wait for another friend so we could head to the middle of no where for the corn maze.  That was our little halloween adventure.  After traveling down a deserted highway for MILES, we finally came across a giant blow up doll and lots of lights, figuring it was the corn maze I almost pulled in UNTIL I saw the sign "girls girls girls" and "exotic dancers".  My two friends in the car insisted that was the place as they hadn't seen the signs but I continued on and sure enough the next place with all the lights was the corn maze.  I think it took us an hour to get through the line and then another hour to stumble our way through the maze.  Thankfully I had brought a flashlight because it was super dark out there, being away from all the city lights. But we had fun!


This past weekend was a bye weekend.  No LSU football.  I didn't quite know what to do with myself.  So I stitched and did some cleaning and watched other college football teams.  But those football games just weren't the same!

I did accomplish another one of my goals for the year!  This goal was a stitching one.  I finished one whole page of HAED's Queen of Hearts by Rachel Anderson!  Yay me!!!  Only have 48 pages left to go! I love making progress on projects! This one section had only 4 colors in it.  Mostly black, some grape, dark brown and garnet.


Monday I started my new job.  I am the business manager of a small, local engineering firm who is currently rebuilding from the ground up.  It is going to be a lot of hard work, anxiety, and stress but if I follow through on this, the end results are going to be phenomenal!  After two days of work, I spent last night doing a lot of soul searching and praying.  Had a long conversation with God about the things going on (yep, me.  I do talk to God!) and I'm looking forward to everyting that comes. 

This Friday brings in my niece.  It's been so long since we've had some girly time together.  I cannot wait! Her dad and brother are going to the Bama-LSU game and she is going to stay with me.  I've got crafts for us to do together, brownies to make, ingredients to make pizza, nail polish to do each other's nails!  It is going to be a hoot! LOL

That's my world at this time.  I hope yours is going well!

No comments: