Monday, November 15, 2010

Another Overdue Post

Where has the time been going?  I feel like it is just flying these days!  So much to do and so many things on my mind!

Weekend with Marly
Two weeks ago I was able to spend a weekend with my 9 year old niece.  We had so much fun!  She made her first pizza (it was quite nice to not have to cook dinner!).





We also made yummy caramel turtle brownies!

We watched movies, Shirley Temple's Little Princess and Alvin and the Chimpmunks, The Squeakquel.  I have to admit, the Alvin and the Chimpmunks movie was very cute!  I want a cute little chimpmunk that can talk, dance, and sing like Theodore!

Marly was also able to see my parents.  We had a great lunch at a local soda fountain (yep, we still have one of those) where we had the best cheese burgers and fries! 

We also did crafts.  Of course we did!  Or rather she did and I just pitched in when needed.  She made Christmas ornaments, Christmas magnets, and a Thanksgiving scene which will make an excellent centerpiece for dinner! She had a blast doing those! 





Then we watched the LSU Alabama game.  Yep, we've raised her right.  She is a little Tiger fan.  She did crafts during most of the game allowing me to focus on the game but then she watched the 4th quarter with me and we cheered our Tigers on to victory!

New Job
The new job is going well.  So much to do.  At times I am so overwhelmed that I don't know where to start so I just pick up one thing and try to see that one task to the end.  At this point, that is about all I can do.  But I am enjoying re-learning things that I had forgotten since college due to lack of use! 

Thirty One Gifts
Thirty One Gifts.  Has anyone ever heard of it?  I hadn't until I was invited to a party for it.  I mostly went because it was being given by an old high school friend and I like to catch up with her every once in a while. Anyway, Thirty One Gifts is a business that sells things like purses and totes in different styles, patterns and you can customize with monograms.  You should check it out if you have the chance.  I was able to get Christmas presents for my Mom and my Sister.  Two checked off my list!

Duke
Many of you know that I have a little miniature poodle named Duke.  He is 11 years old (this December).  He's my baby but he is also an old man!  Recently he got sick.  An upset stomach.  It lasted for 2 days so I took him to the vet.  The vet said that something just didn't agree with him and he should be fine in a few days BUT, yep there is always a but in there, he did not like the sound of his heart.  Two years ago Duke was diagnosed with a heart murmur.  Very common in little dogs.  However, since his last checkup which was 6 months ago the murmur had become worse than they thought it would and are now recommending medication.  So now my baby is on heart medication.  It isn't too bad.  The pill is so tiny it is easy for him to take but since he's been sick I can't tell if the reason he is moping around is cause of his stomach or the new medication.  One of the side effects of the medication is that it will make him loopier and more lethargic. He's not playing with his toys anymore which kind of bothers me but like I said not sure if that is because of the medicine or his upset stomach.  However, he has been eating everything in site which is very unusual for him.  I guess I'll just keep an eye on him for a few more days before calling the vet again.

Mad Tea Party
I have been stitching.  In fact I was able to spend the weekend stitching as I stayed home to watch over Duke.  So between football, naps, and parties, I stitched on HAED's Mad Tea Party.  I'm hoping to finish one page of this pattern as it is one of my stitching goals for the year.

3 comments:

Shelley said...

Sounds like you had some great bonding time with Marly.

Hope Duke is feeling better real soon.

Emily in NC said...

Looks like you had a great time with your niece and I hope Duke feels better.

Carolyn NC said...

Looks like a great time with your niece. Hope your baby feels better, too. Congrats on the progress!