Thought it was time to change the background and layout of the ole blog. It's been quite a while since I've done that. Thinking of doing a few more changes but didn't want to get all wild and crazy just yet!
Need for control
I must be in need of "controlling" something. Not sure what or why I need to control, but it manifested itself into me scrubbing the bathroom from top to bottom on Saturday. I don't clean like that. I'm more of a maintenance type of cleaner. But somehow I got it in my head that I needed to clean it. I have to admit, I feel better. LOL! The cleaning frenzy has spilled over into Sunday too. Cleaning up all my files. I loathe filing! Which is evident by the paper that I have everywhere!
Only one more week and the opening game of LSU's football season will be here! It seems like forever since their last game on January 1. Let's hope they put that lost behind them and come out strong. Now, so everyone can know, they will be on national TV, your local ABC channel, I do believe at 7 pm. They are the college football game opener. They are playing North Carolina in the Georgia Dome in Atlanta. Game Day will also be broadcasting from there.
Time for Review
September will be here in just a few days. That leaves only 4 more months of the year left. I was looking over my goals for the year. Yeah, I haven't done so well! LOL But that's ok. Here's a recap of the goals:
1. Pay off another debt. I was really good this past year and managed to pay off 2! I hope this year to do the same! As of today, hasn't happened. I'm making my payments and a little more but life has had some unforeseen expenses crop up! But I'm optimistic.
2. Put money away in savings! This wasn't exactly accomplished in 2009 so hope to improve upon it this year! Hmmm, this one isn't coming along as great either. However, I do have upcoming events in 2011 that I need to start buckling down and saving for TODAY!
3. Get a passport. I just think this is something I should have. What if I want to go on a cruise or go to Mexico? Need one for those these days! Nope, hasn't happened! LOL
4. Find a new place to live. Be it a new apartment or maybe a new home that I purchase. Ok, let's not get crazy! Buying a home is a HUGE commitment. Not sure if I am mature enough for that yet! :) Hasn't happened either. In fact, just signed another 7 month lease. I just can't find a place in the same location I am at the rent price that I am paying.
5. Be open to new things. Be it love, a career change, a move to a new city/state. Whatever it is, I want to be more open to the change! I'm not sure how to evaluate this one. I think I've been more open. I've had to be. There are events that have occurred in the past year that if I allow them to, will jade my perspective on a lot of things. I can't let that happen.
Now for a few stitching goals:
1. To not buy any new patterns. (Now if someone else buys it for me, I won't turn it down!) I didn't quite make it, but I can report that I only bought ONE new pattern.
2. To buy only stash needed to complete patterns I currently have! I've adhered to this one!
3. Finish Cassady's baby quilt. Still working on it. Hope to have it finished by Christmas
4. Finish Jason's new baby (not born yet) baby quilt. Still working on it. Hope to have it finished by Christmas.
5. Finish HAED's Dragon Knot (that's an ambitious one!) At the moment, this one has been put to the side for other projects. But I hope to pick it up soon.
6. Finish 1 page of HAED's Mad Tea Party To date, this one has been a travel piece. On vacation I was able to get some done on it. I may pull it out soon and do some work on it. This one I am doing 2 over 1 so it is turning into more of a tapestry type piece. It makes it a little more difficult but I can't wait to see what the effect is since I typically stitch HAED's 1 over 1.
7. Finish 1 page of HAED's Queen of Hearts Haven't pulled it out to work on this year.
8. Complete Nora Robert's 'M' All materials have been bought but still has not been kitted up or started.
Today is the 5th anniversary of Katrina. For many people across America this is an insignificant date but for us in South Louisiana, we will remember it to the day we die. It was the day that all of our lives were turned up side down. The changes that have occurred over the past 5 years in my sleepy little home town is amazing. This weekend I began watching Spike Lee's "If God is Willing and Da Creek Don't Rise". I watched 2 of the 4 hours. The documentary revisits New Orleans for the 5th anniversary. It's a sad, tragic, emotional story that is still ongoing. If you get the chance, check it out.