Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas

I am back from Austin! What a LONG trip. 8 hours one way. Duke was really a good boy. He sat the entire trip in his car seat. If you have never seen a dog car seat, basically it is a soft box that straps to the chair that the dog can sit in and you can strap him in by his collar so he can't jump out. Makes driving much easier since Duke wants to always sit in my lap! He wasn't very comfortable going to Austin but on the way back he finally figured out he could just sleep the whole way!



Christmas was an extremely lazy day with my parents and sister. Actually, both me and my sister were feeling ill that day so we sat on the couch, slept and let our parents take care of us! That was so nice! But in our family, it really isn't Christmas unless one of us is sick! This year it was both of us! LOL!



I did receive some really nice gifts this year. I got a new flat screen tv that I am absolutely loving! The 5 Harry Potter movie DVDs. The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian CD. A Gone With the Wind Afghan. Various gift cards. 2 new books: Dark Curse and Twilight. A new cookbook: Rachel Ray's Big Orange Book.

Twilight is ADDICTING! I started the book last night with the intention to read just the first 5 chapters. Yeah, that didn't happen. I'm more than half way through it. I couldn't put it down. I didn't get to sleep till 1 a.m.! In fact, this morning I have already gone to the book store and purchased the 2nd book. A new series to be hooked on! I have not yet seen the movie and really don't plan to. I'm always disappointed with movies after having read the book!

I have not gotten any stitching done this week! I'm hoping to sit down this afternoon and work on some projects that are feeling neglected! I'm also hoping to do some online shopping as I have a few ideas for some projects that I want to do in 2009! I hope that everyone had a lovely Christmas!

No comments: