Saturday, March 01, 2008

Afternoon at the Movies

After a long, stressful week at work, I decided to treat myself to an afternoon at the movies on Friday. The movie "The Other Boleyn Girl" had just come out and I wanted to see it. I just finished re-reading this book this past week and while it was fresh in my memory I wanted to see the movie!

I got off work early on Friday and took for the movie theatre. It's nice to go in the afternoon of a work day, not many people are there and NO children! It was such a great afternoon! The movie was good. Really good. It deviated from the book but I wonder how much? By that I mean, the book is a fictionalized version of history to begin with. So how much did it actually drift towards reality? I'm not a history buff but my good friend Joy is so I can't wait for her to see it so we can discuss it!

Then to top my wonderfully relaxing afternoon off, I had an e-mail from my sailor!!! He's currently on the submarine off to somewhere (it gets annoying sometimes that he can't tell me where he is going, but I understand, it's his job!). Anyway, that was such a pleasant surprise! I try to send him an email every day, updates on news, what's going on around home, and NASCAR. Yes, he's a NASCAR fan so I try to keep up with the news. I've even tried to watch the races, but it just makes me sleepy! LOL!

Well, lots to do this weekend. Errands to run, chores to complete, birthday party this evening for Joy! So I must go! I will hopefully have some progress pictures to put up maybe tomorrow on some of the projects I have been working on! I haven't done much sewing, but a little bit!

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

No comments: