Saturday, May 27, 2006

Another Year Older

My 31st birthday was Thursday. I have to say while it was not earth shattering, it was very pleasant. I work with a bunch of great women who took me to lunch and decorated my desk with balloons and of course a birthday card. My friend, J, who I work with, was so sweet as to buy me a hard back copy of my favorite book, Pride and Prejudice. She had borrowed my paper back copy and it was falling apart and was thoughtful enough to buy me a new one! My long time friend, Joyful, bought me two beautiful leather bound books, The Complete Collection of Grimm's Fairy Tales and the Collection of Lewis Carroll stories. I definitely felt loved and thought of this birthday. Makes me appreciate my friends and not worry so much about finding that one true companion!

No comments: