Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Reflections

This past year has been a pretty tough one.  It had loads of ups and downs.  All of which has made me a better person. 

I've had some personal defeats; losing friends, losing my mind (lol); but out of all of that, I am a stronger person.  Recently I have been a by stander in my best friends divorce.  That's been a tough one.  I don't want to choose sides but I feel that ultimately I will have to, but I am trying my best to not.  I recently lost a person who I thought was a friend.  Turned out, he wasn't (I can be a very bad judge of character!).

But on the other hand, I have amazing friends who have recently come out of the woodwork, literally, to support me.  My co-worker/team mate in the office has become like a sister to me (as evidenced by the fact that in addition to the 40 hours a week we work together, we typically also do things on the weekend and her kids (ages 4 & 2) can recognize my car in random parking lots if we run into each other).  I've been going to therapy to deal with depression and anxiety issues and am feeling so much better!  My  job is going better than ever.  Even completed my annual review with only a few hiccups and received a raise! 

2013 is already looking to be a good year.  The negative has been removed from my life and, hopefully, there is only good to come!  I will be busy with 6 different conventions next year.  There is Bayou Country Superfest.  Vacations (I hope to make it home to see my grandparents and a trip to Disney???).  Mardi Gras.  And I am sure much, much, much more.  Oh, yikes, my 20th reunion is in 2013.  Hmmm, will have to think about that one! 





No comments: