Saturday, August 25, 2012

My New Creative Outlet

So Jenny, my co-worker, got the great idea to have a girls night out of wreath making.  Of course, this is a Pinterest inspired event!!!  Football season is just around the corner (literally, it starts next weekend), so we gathered together to show our local hometown college support by making wreaths for our doors!  The first picture is a collage of the 4 wreaths we made.  They came out great, in my opinion!  The wine could have been an inspiration! LOL!


This second picture is the one that I made and have finally hung on my door!  I had to go purchase an actual wreath hanger as before I was just using random nails that had been left from previous tenants in the apartment. A nail wasn't quite long enough, nor did I think it could support it.  The wreath isn't really that heavy but, boy is it HUGE!!!


This wreath below is the one that I did for my younger sister.  She, of course, after seeing mine, wanted one for herself.  In fact, I've already been instructed that she wants a Halloween, Christmas and Mardi Gras wreaths.  :/  I guess I'll be busy!!!  I am visiting her next weekend so I told her that we are going to go shopping for some of those wreaths and get them made while I am there!  They are too big and fragile to think about shipping!




I think that my sister's came out better than mine.  But isn't that always the case?  The first is an experiment and as you make more, you get the execution and concepts refined.  I can't wait to work on another one.  Just not sure what the theme will be!

No comments: