Monday, January 16, 2012

A Brand New Week

I am so thankful that last week is over!  It was one that I hope to just forget!

Why you ask?  Where shall I begin?

Let's see, Monday.  Monday is always a good place to start.  It was the day of the National Championhip Game.  My boys, LSU, were in the game!  What a dream come true!  Well, that dream quickly came to an end!

Thank goodness I enjoyed the company I was with.  We had a great time together prior to watching the game.  Lots of good food.  Lots of good friends.  Just a good time.  Here are a few pictures from BEFORE the game:

Our anti-Saban cookies.  I knew we should have gotten the gingerbread men cookies that were decorated as a voodoo doll of Nick Saban!

Entertaining the kids before the game.

Wants to be just like Mike the Tiger!

Kati's homemade #1 King Cake

Kati and Kelly

Phil and Grace decked out in their purple and gold.

At halftime, to help ease our pain, we had HoneyBadgers.  I'm not sure what it is.  I think it was a shot of whiskey that was put in the mug of pale ale.  Whatever it was, I clearly out of practice with chugging!! I had to stop and take a breath halfway through the mug.  But I have to admit, it was pretty tasty and quite the headrush! 


Needless to say, our fun night ended in tears, depression, misery, etc. etc. etc. 

Let's see, another good reason for the week to be over.  Friday the 13th!  What a day that was!  I was trying to get all the materials together for 2 board meetings that were being held the next day.  One was a 2 day board meeting and the other was the annual budget meeting.  I had so much to accomplish in an 8 hour day!  I had woken up in a bad mood and it didn't lift at all till the next day.  Add to that a wicked fight with an acquaintance (I'm not sure of our status as friends) and the last episode of One Life to Live and let's call it a day.  Sigh.

Shall I proceed to Saturday?  Saturday started off pretty good.  It was a beautiful day for a drive.  I had a 2 hour drive to one of the board meetings.  Which happened to be held in the middle of nowhere Louisiana.  Luckily it is pretty scenic.  Board meeting was over fairly early, 3ish.  I then proceeded to break many speed limits trying to get home in time for the second half of the Saints game. Yeah, well, as many of you know, there wasn't really any point in me doing that. I won't go into details but to say that they gave it a heck of a fight there at the end!!!

So now it is Monday, the start of a new week.  Eh, it is going so so.  Started the day off by getting no sleep last night. I was up every hour on the hour with my poor puppy.  He had one heck of a stomach ache or something.  At least he told me when he had to go outside!!  But I am hopeful the rest of the week will be good!

I am looking forward to a visit with my good friend Jake sometime this week.  A girls' night out on Thursday for dinner and to see Beauty and the Beast 3D (yippee!).  Then a whole weekend to myself.  No work.  No plans.  Just me and the dog!!!  Can't wait!!!

Good news is that I am still working out!  I am already seeing a difference in my clothes! That makes me very excited!  And I am slowly building up the amount of time I am working out and the amount of calories I burn.  I am loving my Wii!!! Hopefully at the end of this week I will have some real progress to report!

Now for an update on the project I am working on.  I have been working on Dragon Knot and will continue to do so until I am bored with it.  Let's hope I make some significant progress on it before that happens!


Here's to hoping for a better week!

3 comments:

Linda M said...

I too rooted for LSU and the Saints, so I feel your pain. But, great progress on your stitching!

Shaunterria said...

The work you've done so far is amazing - keep it up!

mdgtjulie said...

Yeah, I watched the whole Saints game. The first half was pretty ugly. They were amazing after they got it together though. I was soooooooo hoping they would win that game. It always sucks when our teams lose, doesn't it? The kids look great decked out in their finery though. I'm glad you had a good time before the game. Your stitching looks good too. Who designed that chart? I actually enjoyed my Friday the thirteenth. It was a fun day. I'm sorry yours was so stressed, but hey, at least you got everything done!!