Sunday, January 09, 2011

What a Yucky Day!

Today is not a good weather day for us here in the South.  It is cold (40s) and rainy!  What a nasty combination!  But it was a perfect day for a movie!!! :)

I am proud to say that my LSU Tigers won the 75th annual Cotton Bowl!  Yay!  Now we all sit and wait to see if our coach, Les Miles, will be going to Michigan's empty coaching position. 

On the other hand, our beloved New Orleans Saints fell to the Seattle Seahawks in the first playoff game.  Blegh!  While I did not expect them to go much further than the 1st game of the playoffs, it was still disappointing to lose to a team that has a losing record!!!  And Pete Carroll!  Yuck yuck yuck yuck!!!!!

Today I went to the movies to see the 3rd Chronicles of Narnia movie, Voyage of the Dawn Treader.  If you haven't seen this movie yet, go and see it before it leaves the theatres!!!  It was a great way to "lose" yourself for two hours in a great story.  I am still wanting to read the series and have a book that contains the entire series already, just needing to find some time to read it!  Of course I do have to finish the book I am currently reading and then their is the Lord of the Rings Triology that my friend Jill is currently reading and I haven't even started! 

After the movie I stopped at Barnes & Noble for the Sunday paper and a cross stitch magazine.  Brought the two home and spent some time looking at the open jobs in the classified section and looking at the magazine for future Christmas gifts/decoration ideas. 

There were some good open jobs in the paper today so I am hoping that eventually I will land a job that I 1. like and 2. feel financially secure in!  I have so many people praying for me that I feel truly blessed!!!  It definitely helps me to keep a good attitude about the situation.  Although I am only human and fall to the blues at times but then I spend some time with my friends and family or go to church or just do something for myself and my dog.  I'm learning that while it is easy to succomb to the blues, it is so much better to fight as hard as you can to not do so!  Even if it is exhausting!

I have been stitching.  That is always a good way for me to forget things going on.  I've been stitching on my HAED: Queen of Hearts.  My goal for this year is to stich 2 pages of this pattern.  Well I am happy to report that after the 1st week of the new year, I have successfully made 25% progress on this one!  Yippee!  That means more time to stitch on all my other goals!

Queen of Hearts, 1 1/2 pages completed:




Looks like we are going to have a really cold week ahead of us.  I have fresh, clean, flannel sheets on the bed in anticipation of those cold nights!!!  Now if I could only just stay at home, snuggled with my dog on those cold days, I'd be quite happy!  But, let the week come.  I am ready to meet it and face whatever challenges come my way.  And I am sure there will be challenges.  I am also hoping for something good to happen!  An interview would be nice! :)

Have a great week!

No comments: