Friday, January 28, 2011

Full day!

Yesterday I attended a small business conference at Michoud Facility.  This Facility is where NASA builds some of their tanks.  It was very interesting.  The conference was held in a building that covers 42 acres.  HUGE building.  The employees each have bikes or golf carts to get around the area.  The conference was held in only a small area (which was large enough! lots of walking) of the building and tours were held of the rest of the building. 

The conference was small breakout sessions about small businesses, 8(a) businesses, and women owned businesses.  All information was about how to become certified to bid on federal contracts.  My head was sooo stuffed full of information.  I'm not sure I've absorbed it all.  I still have paperwork that I picked up that I need to read through!

While at the conference I did make a contact with a young woman who works for a PR company.  Somehow we got talking about my previous experience working with associations and conventions.  Woo hoo!  Now it may not lead to anything but she did ask for my contact information because, if I didn't mind, she would forward it on to the HR department at her company because as of right now they only have 1 event planner and they used to have 2. 

Then upon my return home last evening, I received a phone call from a company that I had put in a resume with about 2 weeks ago.  I had actually forgotten about it and almost didn't answer my phone as I didn't recognize the number.  I am so glad I did.  They held an impromptu phone interview and then asked if they could call me back again later for more information as I was the first person they had called.  Of course I said yes!  I 'd be crazy to say no!!!

So it was a very full day for me!  Full of information and opportunity!  Makes being optimistic that much easier when one has days like that!!!  :)

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

1 comment:

Claudette497 said...

Congratulations on the job nibbles - I hope something comes through for you soon!