Sunday, February 07, 2010

Best Day Ever!

Tonight history was made.  The New Orleans Saints did something on their very first try.  They won the Super Bowl!  I can't even begin to describe how I feel right this moment.  It's almost too good to be real! I feel like I am in a dream-like state.

This is a great day for the Boys, the city of New Orleans, and the State of Louisiana.  The Saints did what everyone (well, analysts and "experts") said they couldn't do: beat Peyton Manning and the Colts. Not only did they beat them, they beat them soundly!

When Porter intercepted that catch, my mom and I jumped up from our seats and started screaming "Go! Go! Go!" at the top of our lungs.  It was a historic moment for us! At the moment, I had tears of pride running down my face.  I know!  Silly, huh?  To be crying over a football game! 

To see the Saints win and do what so many people said couldn't be done, especially after the destruction of Katrina, is the absolute best feeling in the world! New Orleans is back!  And is going to be better than ever!  It is being re-built, they have a new mayor coming in, and the Saints are bringing the Super Bowl trophy home!  It's a great time to be in Louisiana!