Sunday, February 15, 2009

Stash and Valentine's Day

While I did not spend my Valentine's with that "Someone Special" I did have a good day. My daddy bought me a beautiful bouquet of flowers and then I indulged myself by buying myself a bouquet. I always like to have fresh flowers around and well, it's a luxury that I tend to have to live without. I had a wonderful lunch at a fancy french restaurant with my parents and then I headed off to see a movie.




On Valentine's Day, by myself, I saw.......Friday the 13th! Yes, on the day of love I went to see a horror movie! I LOVE horror movies. At times, I believe that they are so much better than a comedy. I can't tell you how many times I, and the audience, were laughing out loud! And proof that it isn't that bad of a movie, it was #1 this weekend!

I also did some indulging this weekend. I purchased the books, Night Huntress by Yasmine Galenorn and Confessions of a Shopaholic. I also purchased two cross stitch magazines. And the biggest indulgence of all, I purchased Nora Corbett's Holly pattern, some fabric from Silkweavers, and 2 HAED patterns: The Mad Hatter's Tea Party and Cinderella's Coach! I've already downloaded the 2 HAED patterns and will probably start kitting those up really soon. But I have to wait for the rest of my purchases to come in the mail! I'm very excited! Because what I need is one more project to work on! :)

3 comments:

Brenda Lou said...

Good for you for enjoying your Valentine's as much as you did!!!

Oh and we can never have enough projects to work on :)

Shelleen said...

can't wait to see your progress on Holly. She is so pretty

Tammy said...

Nice stash! I too, love horror movies, but I haven't had a chance to see F13--glad you had a fun time. One year for our anniversary, we went to see Saw, lol. AWESOME!