Tuesday, February 26, 2008
First thing first...
1. Once you are tagged, link back to the person who tagged you.
2. Post THE RULES on your blog.
3. Post 7 weird or random facts about yourself on your blog.
4. Tag 7 people and link to them.
5. Comment on their blog to let them know they have been tagged.
My weird facts. That's actually hard to come up with than you would think!
1. I always drink milk when I eat popcorn.
2. Most people find this strange: I went to an all academic high school so we had no sports. No football, basketball or baseball.
3. When I get nervous or upset, I tend to twirl my hair. I end up with tight corkscrew curls.
4. When I am really stressed out, I talk in my sleep.
5. I love mexican food! I can eat beans morning, noon and night!
6. I can't speak spanish but I can read and write it.
7. My favorite all time movie is Grease. It's kind of like a blanket, I watch it when I need to be comforted.
I don't know 7 people to tag so I will tag just 2! How awful! LOL!
Tuesday, February 19, 2008
Sunday, February 10, 2008
My second update is on The Kiss. I have to admit that I haven't stitched on it as much as I should. Mostly because I am intimidated by the different elements of this particular project. However, I devoted all day Saturday to it and came away with some great results. I have to say that I have fallen in love with Thread Heaven. It does amazing things with threads! And after you get into the rhythm of stitching on linen, the fear kind of goes away!I did start a new project today, Sunday. I started the Dragon's Knot. I didn't get very far on it as I forgot to buy one of the threads for it and I don't have it in my stash! I guess I'll have to make a run to Hob Lob soon!
Hope everyone had a great weekend!
Wednesday, February 06, 2008
I finally finished kitting up the Queen of Hearts (see below)! I spent the time while I was supposed to be watching the Super bowl to get all the threads onto bobbins and organized in a box. I have the fabric already and I purchased a Q-snap today so I am looking forward to trying it out!
HAED is having a Valentine's Day sale so I splurged on two new patterns. Because I just don't have enough to do already! I purchased Mystique and Dragon Knot 2. Dragon Knot is for my honey, the sailor. Not sure when I will start this one but hopefully it will be a 2008 project! Mystique I bought for myself! Will it ever be done? Who knows? I have yet to complete one for myself!